Job TitleAdjunct Mathematics and/or Statistics Instructor
LocationWoodland Community College - Woodland, CA
• Develop and deliver instructional lectures for Mathematics and/or Statistics courses up to 10 hours/week
• Organize and teach all levels of basic mathematics classes (also statistics if qualified);
• Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning;
• Teach day, evening, and/or weekend teaching assignments, which may include distance learning (interactive television, online) and accelerated courses;
• Assess Student Learning Outcomes every semester;
• Participate in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees if desired.
Essential Duties Summary
REQUIRED DUTIES: Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications stated below:
• Master’s Degree in mathematics or applied mathematics OR
• Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in statistics, physics, or mathematics education (If the candidate has a Master’s degree in Mathematics Education then this Master’s degree must have been conferred from a mathematics department at the time that the candidate obtained the degree) OR
• The equivalent OR
• Possess a California Community College life credential in the subject matter area of Mathematics.
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Range/StepRange /Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary RangeSalary Range: $47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete Online application includes the following: Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest.