Job TitleInfrastructure Support Specialist
DepartmentTechnology Infrastructure (Information Technology)
Associate Degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Programming, Computer Engineering Technology, Microcomputer Technology, or Electrical Technology or four years work experience in the field.
A minimum two years’ experience in technology support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• An aptitude for hardware repair and software installation and configuration;
• Substantial knowledge of personal computer technology;
• Knowledge of Audio-Visual technologies and terminology;
• Effectively organize work and perform creatively under tight deadlines without close supervision;
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, in both crisis and planning situations;
• Proficient with multimedia systems including: projectors, audio & video switchers and Extron control software;
• Well-versed in the routine maintenance of different operating systems in a networked environment;
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills;
• Demonstrate competence with problem solving and critical thinking skills;
• Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Detail Oriented;
• Ability to contribute to the success of the college’s mission, goals, and objectives by demonstrating professionalism, enthusiasm, and superior customer service;
The IT Infrastructure and Support Specialist is responsible for the maintenance, repair, installation, upkeep and usability of all designated technology on campus. The specialist will be customer service oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems for end users. The specialist will install application and network software and make sure it interfaces properly with the hardware. The specialist will troubleshoot, debug, test, repair or have repaired all designated technology that is in need of correction.
Job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Configure and install designated hardware and software;
• Performs routine technical repair College computers, printers, and associated equipment;
• Performs routine technical repair and maintenance of designated AV/IT equipment and maintain a departmental database for documentation;
• Integrates audiovisual equipment and related computer systems as needed;
• Maintain an adequate inventory of parts and supplies for day to day operations;
• Maintain an approved list of work items to be accomplished;
• Ensures assigned work is completed in a timely manner;
• Understand user priorities and implement modifications as needed;
• Maintain composure while discussing difficult problems with users;
• Maintain all hardware in designated academic labs;
• Suggest changes that will increase responsiveness to customers;
• Communicate status to users, project managers, and the Director on a regular basis;
• Develop test plans for troubleshooting moderate to complex user problems;
• Make suggestions for improving user support and increasing equipment mean time to failure;
• Proactively looks for possible issues before they become problems;
• Maintains a clean and organized work environment;
• Mentor work study students in Desktop Support roles;
• Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Information Technology Services; or the President in meeting the needs of the college.
: The physical demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and frequently lift, carry or otherwise move AV/IT equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to carry, climb and operate extension ladders, (approx. 12-20 ft high and 50 lbs).
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
• Competency with hand tools such as: cutters, crimpers, saws and drills.
Required Working Hours: Minimum of a 40-hour work week established on a schedule to allow the employee to adequately fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities. Hours on evenings and/or weekends may be necessary on occasion. Summer schedules may vary to enable four-day
Hiring Range$42,000 -$45,000
Job TypeFull Time Staff
Open Until FilledYes