Job TitleAdjunct Accounting/Business Computer Applications/General Business Instructor
LocationWoodland Community College - Woodland, CA
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Under the general supervision of the Applied Academics Division Dean, provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policies; evaluate progress of students concerning educational matters, develop and assess student learning outcomes, and perform other instructional duties as assigned.
Essential Duties Summary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organize and instruct classes including but not limited to Accounting, Business Computer Applications, General Business and other business courses that support and promote the mission of the Applied Academic Division
• Provide effective classroom and laboratory instruction using methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter
• Develop and maintain relevant community college curriculum for Business curriculum
• Promote and model professionalism as an educator and business professional; maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics
• Develop and improve programs within the Applied Academics Division by working collaboratively with other faculty members and administrators through program reviews and advisory committees
• Promote an educational philosophy that places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of learning
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
• Participate in program activities including curriculum and program planning, development, evaluation, and decision-making as well as the development of new teaching-learning methods and materials
• Comply with all institutional policies and procedures
• Facilitate student learning by using appropriate teaching methods
• Work effectively and professionally with colleagues and members of the college community
• Maintain and promote the relevance of curriculum by participating and facilitating business/accounting advisory committees at Yuba College and area Universities.
• Maintain currency and depth of knowledge in assigned areas of responsibility
• Be committed to and participate in the collaborative governance process
REQUIRED DUTIES: Demonstrated evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Business as governed by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office: (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
• Master’s in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration OR
• Bachelor’s in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND
• Master’s in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance OR the equivalent
(NOTE: A Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)
• Must have 5 or more years of practical work experience in accounting and general business
• Must have competency in all areas of applied business technology courses normally taught in a community college or in the first two years of a university
• Must be flexible in the acceptance of new and changing teaching assignments.
• Must have the ability not only to adjust teaching skills to meet varying needs of the community and changing student interests but must also have the ability to organize and implement programs to meet these needs
• CPA licensed applicants are preferred
Range/StepStep 1 - Step 7 (Depending on Education and Experience)
Salary Range$47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
The vision of the Yuba Community College District Board of Trustees is to ensure student success by:
• Providing an innovative, world-class learning environment;
• Building and maintaining an atmosphere of trust within the college district and with our communities;
• Developing and maintaining programs and facilities that best meet the needs of our students and communities;
• Stewarding resources strategically to meet the diverse needs of our communities and region;
• Providing educational, economic, cultural, and civic leadership for our communities and region.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: To apply, please visit: https://yccd.peopleadmin.com and complete an academic application (please provide description and details for each position held. See resume or left blank will automatically disqualify your application) The following documents are required: Resume, Transcripts, Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (attached in a Word document), a Cover letter/letter of interest, 3 Letters of Recommendation, a Statement about you teaching philosophy, and a Statement addressing the role of the community college in California. For questions about Yuba Community College District’s application process, please contact Angela Love at (530) 741-6976 or Maribel Gaytan at (530) 741-6975.
PLEASE NOTE: AS SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS, AN APPLICATION MAY, BUT NEED NOT, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (a) one current evaluation from a peer or supervisor, (b) one abstract of a publication, and/or © portfolio.
NO OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL SHOULD BE INCLUDED.
EQUIVALENCY: Applicants must meet YCCD minimum qualifications by the filing date or have been awarded equivalency by the District prior to the publication of the Recruitment Announcement.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
IF YOU REQUIRE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6976.